The Old Post office was built in the 14th century.
It is one of the best examples of a medieval hall house in Britain.
In 1844, the owner rented one of its rooms to the General Post Office
to be used as a letter receiving office. The service lasted until 1892
and in 1903 the house became the property of the|
National Trust. It is now a museum recreating the atmosphere of a Victorian post office.